- More than 90% of HOW’s permanent supportive housing clients have retained that housing or accessed permanent, independent housing.
- This year, HOW’s Permanent Supportive Housing Program will serve nearly 300 households with more than 200 children.
- HOW’s community-based programs will serve another 300 households through career services, affordable housing location services, and homeless prevention initiatives.
Over a third of HOW’s clients have reunified their families; 90% of the family reunifications have been successful.
- More than half of HOW’s clients have a disability that prevents them from working full time.
The number of HOW’s permanent supportive housing units grew from ten in 2000 to 246 units in 2009.
- HOW was selected as the North Side vendor for Chicago’s Housing Locator Program. This program helps 100 individuals and families avoid homelessness each year.
- Approximately 75% of clients have survived domestic and/or family violence.
- HOW completed the first of two building renovations for new permanent supportive housing in 2003, with the second completed in December 2004. A third facility was renovated this year and is now home to 25 families.